Enjoying the Journey
There is a well-known song that imagines what Christmas must be like in Heaven. In truth, Heaven is one endless season of joy. In that beautiful place the wonder of Christmas does not come just once a year. Years are not counted in that city; it is one endless day – one continuing celebration!
At this season I think of my grandparents more than ever. There was no place quite like Grandma’s house for Christmas. They are all with the Lord now. Perhaps it is fitting that we think of Heaven more at this time of the year when home is so very precious.
There are many things we do not know for sure about Heaven. Based on Scripture’s description of that celestial city, there are a few things I believe are going on in Heaven this Christmas…
- The angelic choirs are still singing the glory of God.
- Wise men and poor shepherds, saved sinners from every spectrum, are still worshiping the One who came for them.
- Peace and good will, occasionally seen on earth, are constantly enjoyed there.
- The Son of God is no longer in a humble manger but on an eternal throne.
- The most important name there is that name above every name – “thou shalt call his name Jesus.”
Heaven is home. Someday soon all of God’s family will be home for Christmas! Christ will return for us and we will spend all eternity celebrating the second coming of our Savior.