Enjoying the Journey
Some of the most beautiful words I ever hear are: “I am praying for you.” (Especially if I know they are more than just words!) My precious wife prays for me. I have a praying mom and dad. My children pray for me. My pastor prays for me. I have many friends who pray for me faithfully. This means more to me with every passing day. I believe in the power of prayer.
God’s Word teaches that Jesus prays for us (Hebrews 7:25) and the Holy Spirit prays for us (Romans 8:26). You can’t get better than that! Robert Murray McCheyne said, “If I could hear Jesus praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a thousand enemies…yet the distance makes no difference – He IS praying for me!” Hallelujah! If no one on earth remembered to call my name to God in prayer today, I know that the Son of God has interceded for me before the Father in Heaven.
What does it mean to you when someone prays for you? Prayer is in fact the greatest expression of love. “Bear ye one another’s burdens and so fulfill the law of Christ.”
- Look for new people every day that God places in your path and pray for them.
- Take the time to pray with people who are hurting. A brief prayer can be a great blessing.
- Keep a list of people who need continued prayer.
- Send a note or make a call to a person in need to let them know you are praying.
- Don’t just tell people you will pray – do it! Either pray immediately or write their name down so that you will not forget.
We are most like the Lord Jesus when we are praying for one another. This is His ministry at this present hour, and we get to participate! If you listen carefully you can hear Him say, “I am praying for you” (John 17:20).