Enjoying the Journey
These are exciting times to be serving Jesus. Yes, I know our nation is in a mess – but the Lord loves to step into the middle of a mess and do the miraculous! This is how it all started: “And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light” (Genesis 1:2-3). He can do it again.
We may be on the verge of the greatest revival in generations. When God’s people get desperate and our only hope is in the Lord there is an opportunity for us to witness what He alone can do. In the darkest times and most difficult towns the early church saw the move of the Holy Spirit and advancement of the gospel. This is what the last days church needs!
It is time for sincere believers to get serious about revival…and serious about prayer.
We cannot hope for revival while we neglect prayer. Biblically and historically great spiritual awakening has always been connected to the definite, repentant, intercessory praying of God’s people. There is no shortcut. We must seek the Lord on His terms if we truly want to see His work.
I have two exciting pieces of news to share…
- This week we are studying Revival Praying on our daily podcast. Would you join me for these five studies as we take Ezra’s revival prayer and make it our own? The first episode, “Build the Altar,” is now available on your favorite podcast player or in our archive. Also, beginning today we are streaming all of our Enjoying the Journey episodes on our YouTube channel. However you choose to listen I hope you will choose to pray with us this week for the revival we must have.
- The first edition of the full-length book Revival Praying sold out. We are very grateful for the reception to the book and the response we have received. The second edition is now at the printer and will be available in just a few days. You may order your hard back copy or multiple copies here and they will deliver to you shortly. As always, the digital book is available at no cost through Kindle or Apple Books, and the audio book has just recently been released on both of those platforms. We have heard from many churches who are now using the companion study guide to spend a month together on the subject of Revival Praying. (You can find everything you need at RevivalPraying.com.)
It always begins in prayer. Young Evan Roberts of the Welsh Revival was described as “acting like a particle of radium” and touched by “a consuming fire which took away any sleep, cleared the channels of tears and sped the wheels of prayer.” When did such fire fall? When will it fall again?
Let Evan answer…
- Confess all known sin.
- Search out all secret and doubtful things.
- Confess the Lord Jesus openly.
- Pledge your word that you will fully obey the Holy Spirit.
It starts with Revival Praying. Will you join this prayer effort today?