Enjoying the Journey
Tomorrow we begin a brand new month. April is usually filled with revival meetings and Bible conferences, but the Lord has allowed a much different itinerary. Like most of you, our travel is limited and work is adjusted because of the global pandemic.
I am not discouraged or worried. In fact, I have great peace in my heart! The Lord is at work when we are not. He is working in this world and He is working in us. Praise His holy name.
We may be confined to home but the Holy Spirit is on the move and the Word of God is not bound (2 Timothy 2:9). Our God is not limited by our inability, our resources, or our circumstances. The only thing that will limit Him is our unbelief (Mark 6:5)! In the words of Jesus, “Have faith in God” (Mark 11:22).
The President has extended the social distancing measures at least through the end of April. This means that most all of our meetings have been cancelled or have moved to an online format. Is this a lost month? Not if it is given to God! So here is our April itinerary…
- Joining a number of churches for their livestream services. It is an honor to preach God’s Word on any platform – even a virtual one!
- Recording Bible messages for churches who have requested messages they can post for their people. We will try to share links to these on social media when they post so that others can listen to them as well.
- Helping our home pastor and sending church. While in town I am thrilled that we get to be more involved in our own local church’s outreach. I am enjoying teaching at the Beckley Bible Study online each Wednesday night and, God willing, will preach at a drive-in and radio service on Resurrection Sunday morning.
- Trusting that God furthers the online preaching and teaching ministry to meet the needs of people in many places. As always our Enjoying The Journey podcast continues with our study of the Psalms. What timely help God has given us there! In addition to this we are making available several Bible messages on our Youtube channel. This week a new message from the book of Job is being posted each day. I am asking the Lord to use them to encourage the faith of God’s people in this time of testing.
- Working with local pastors toward our God Bless America Rally that is to be held here in West Virginia, July 3-5. While we have had to adjust some spring preliminary events we believe that this is still the right time to have a gospel meeting! Please pray for us.
- Seeking to encourage pastors and believers through writing and resources. If you have not subscribed to our blog you can receive each article by email. Visit the archive and sign up at https://scottpauley.org/blog.
- Praying for a spiritual awakening in our land. As we pray for health and for healing physically, we should all be praying that the Lord will use this event to stir His people and draw sinners to Himself. This could be the impetus for real revival!
Like most families we are also enjoying more time together at home. This has been an opportunity to catch up on a number of much needed projects. The simple joy of having meals all together and just talking has been very precious. It is like God mandated a sabbath month for us…so this is what a sabbatical feels like! I am convinced that many good things will grow out of this time in homes and churches.
If we can help you or your work in any way at this time please write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. It would be a joy to hear from you. Our family deeply appreciates the prayers and support of God’s people. Thank you for standing with us as we do what God has given us to do. May the Lord make this one of the most spiritually fruitful seasons we have ever known.
Last night we published our first quarter newsletter with more detail for our prayer partners. You may read it here.